Water Liaison Practitioner
Water liaison practitioners promote sustainable water use and they implement and develop communication strategies by providing clear and concise water-related information.
Water liaison practitioners analyze legislation and policies related to water. And they organize water-related events to establish, maintain and promote relationships and partnerships among water users.
Water liaison practitioners must have strong networking and communications skills because they often consult with public and private stakeholders, scientists, and businesses to promote sustainable water use.
Skills required for this career:
- Excellent networking skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good project management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- B.Sc. Environmental Science (Specializing in water science)
- B.Sc. Environmental and Water Science
- Diploma in Public Relations and Communication
- Diploma in Water Science and Technology
- Government departments
- Catchment management agencies
- Water Utility Companies