Water inspectors are employees that ensure water is safe for consumption and public use, by making sure that water contaminants are kept within safe limits.
Water inspectors are involved in the development of water allocation plans to protect the ecosystems that depend on water resources such as wetlands and rivers.
Water inspectors, do evaluations, inspections, and sampling activities for water treatment facilities, dams, reservoirs, and refreshment bottling companies.
Water inspectors may also be involved in the investigation of water contamination issues should they take.
Skills required for this career:
- Pay attention to the detail
- Critical thinking skills
- System analysis skills
- Good verbal and written communication
- Diploma in Built Environment in Construction Studies
- Bachelors Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Water Resources Management
- B.Sc. Environmental Science
- Government departments
- Water and waste services
- Construction companies