Water Control Officer
Water control officers are responsible for managing water distribution to water users. They perform minor maintenance on structures, dams, fences, and sluices. They evaluate the distribution of water supply to water users, supervise and audit water use dates, and register all water users.
Water control officers are also involved in training in water measurement and distribution. People in this career must also have basic knowledge of civil, mechanical, and electrical maintenance.
Skills required for this career:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Effective team working skills
- Good Interpersonal skills
- National Diploma Water Quality Management Production
- Bachelor’s Water Quality Management Production
- M.Sc. Engineering (specializing in water quality engineering)
- Government departments
- Water utility companies