Water and Wastewater Engineers
Water and wastewater engineers are involved in building, repairing, and maintaining structures that control water resources, such as sea defense walls, pumping stations, and reservoirs.
They also monitor flood levels and maintain awareness of environmental issues. Wastewater Engineers must know about public safety and health laws to ensure that wastewater and hazardous chemicals are handled and disposed of properly.
Their typical duties include producing designs for sewage, water treatment, and flood defense structures.
Skills required for this career:
- Critical thinking skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work in a team
- B.Sc. Chemical Engineering
- B.Sc. Civil Engineering
- B.Sc. Environmental Engineering
- B.Sc. Environmental Science
- Privately owned water companies
- Regulatory bodies
- Environmental agency
- Waste management companies