Water Allocation Officer
Water allocation officers evaluate the present and future water demands and ensure that enough water is accessible for commercial and domestic use. People in this career monitor the allocation and use of water from dams, rivers, and reservoirs.
Water allocation officers oversee the urban and rural water systems, and they use their knowledge of water guidelines, laws, policies, and regulations to advise on the distribution and allocation of water to communities.
Employees in this profession are also responsible for assessing water use license applications and permits.
Skills required for this career:
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Analytical skills with excellent critical thinking capacity
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- B.Sc. Hydrology
- B.Sc. Environmental Science (specializing in water science)
- B.Sc. Environmental and Water Science
- B.Sc. Hydrology and Water Resource Management
- Government departments
- Water Utility companies
- Environmental agencies
- Research and development organizations