Solar Power Plant Technician
These technicians assemble, install, and maintain solar panels on homes, organizations, or open land. Their job is to make sure that the solar panel equipment that they install works properly, generating as much electricity as possible
Solar power plant technicians work with different types of equipment such as photovoltaic cells, inverters, or tracking systems.
Solar power plant technicians are responsible for many different tasks, such as performing routine maintenance on roofs. Helping to design and plan new solar panel systems, and they also repair and maintain these solar panel systems.
These technicians work indoors and outdoors and may be exposed to all kinds of weather conditions. They can work on rooftops or the ground depending on which solar panel they are installing.
Skills required for this career:
- Strong communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to read blueprints
- B.Eng. Sustainable Systems and Energy
- B.Eng. Sustainable Energy and Environmental Engineering
- B.Eng. Building Services and Renewable Energy
- Public power utilities
- Private solar power companies