Hydro Power Plant Controller
Hydropower plant controllers work in a hydropower plant as technical support who installs, operates, and maintains the hydro power plant processes, systems, facilities, and equipment.
Hydropower plant controllers clean and maintain the equipment to prevent failure. They operate the plant equipment like the turbines, pumps, valves, gates, fans, or battery banks. As part of their duties, they operate high-voltage switches in hydropower stations.
A hydropower plant controller supervises and controls the application of resources, operations, and activities within the hydropower plant.
Skills required for this career:
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Technical knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- B.Sc. Industrial Engineering
- B.Eng. Electrical Engineering
- B.Eng. Mechanical Engineering
- Hydroelectric power stations