Climate Change Scientist
Climate change scientists are scientists who study the earth’s climate over a long period and how it might affect the planet in the future. This role is a very diverse role with different responsibilities such as taking water or soil samples to analyze and report on. They make presentations on their research.
Climate change scientists are in the best position to make a positive impact on the environment by working with other organizations to help mitigate the effects of climate change on the environment.
As a climate change scientist, you are usually responsible for analyzing historical climate data, monitoring ice, sea levels, and temperatures, and designing and building scientific instruments and sensors.
Skills required for this career:
- Ability to work in a team
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Pay attention to the detail
- B.Sc. Environmental Engineering
- B.Sc. Environmental Studies
- B.Sc. Life and Environmental Sciences
- Government departments
- Engineering firms
- Environmental consulting firms
- Academic and research institutions