Chemical engineers play an important role in supporting research and development in the manufacturing, healthcare to biotechnology fields.
Chemical engineers are professionals who improve equipment used in the processing of chemicals and they find solutions to the problems many industries face. They have developed solutions for diseases, cleaning water, generating energy, and much more.
These professionals rely vastly on their knowledge of mathematics and science. They are not only involved in making things, but their knowledge is also applied in areas like law, publishing, and medicine.
Skills required for this career:
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- IT and numeracy skills
- Analytical skills
- B.Sc. Engineering
- B(Eng) Chemical Engineering
- National Diploma Chemical Engineering
- B.Sc. Chemical Engineering
- Chemical manufactures
- Council for mineral technology
- Government departments and universities
- Organizations such as CSIR, ESKOM, AECI, Sasol, AEC, Sentrachem