Agricultural engineers are the individuals that deal with problems that concern the agricultural sector such as the power supply, machine efficiency, pollution, environmental issues, and the storage and processing of agricultural products.
They focus on the advancement of the agricultural industry. Agricultural Engineers usually work with farmers and companies that are involved in the agriculture sector. These professionals work to solve the current problems that the agricultural industry is facing for example by developing equipment that could increase production.
As an agricultural engineer, you can specialize in different areas, water supply, and irrigation, soil conservation, agricultural mechanization, food and fiber processing, and agricultural mechanization.
Skills required for this career:
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Design skills and knowledge
- The ability to work well with others
- Analytical thinking skills
- BSc Engineering: Agricultural
- BSc (Agriculture) majoring in Agrometeorology with Agricultural Engineering
- BSc (Agriculture) majoring in Soil Science with Agricultural Engineering
- Department of Agriculture
- Manufactures of agricultural remedies and food companies
- Manufactures of farm equipment and supplies
- Consulting firms
- Agricultural control boards and unions